Sunday, March 28, 2010

This Gift I Bring You

I'm not sure if this was parent to child or husband to wife or brother to sister or what, but I do know I found a new nesting area for herons in the area.  I shot off a ton of shots trying to pick my spots through the thicket I was standing in.  Of course, when I decided I had enough and started driving away, I saw where I could have gotten closer and unobstructed views.  Oh well, lesson learned.  There must have been about 20-30 herons up in the trees and one or two at a time taking off bringing back branches for their nests or I suppose food for their young.  They look like 747's taking off and landing. There were alot of yearlings in the nests and once in awhile they would go at it like my son and daughter do on occasion.  I wonder if their parents have to step in at times, too.

1 comment: