Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No wide angle tonight

If you were waiting for a great wide angle shot tonight, you'll be disappointed.  No time today for photography and, besides, I'm not going to turn this blog into "Look at all of Mark's shots with his new lens".  Instead I'll keep it as "Look at all of Mark's great shots with all his camera gear."  That will make for a better blog, won't it?
I did get a shot, though, this last weekend that would have turned out really nice with a wide angle lens.  Unfortunately, I did not have it yet.  I was excited when I came across this piece of land since the winding river within a small patch of land was interesting.  Once I looked at it in my computer, though, it lost some of its luster.  The shot had no real pop to highlight the river or the willows around it.  Pretty dull.  Well, my theory is that with post processing software, there is no reason for any picture to not pop, only poor composition.  I could have adjusted some of the tones to give a little zip to it.  But, instead I decided to really go for the gusto.  Let's jack those colors up to 10.  I know its not everyone cup of tea, but I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't usually like "enhanced" color, but this has a pretty, though a little unnatural, feel to it.

    ReplyDelete