Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hooray for Amazon

Even though they are not a sponsor of my site (Actually, I have no sponsors), I must put a plug in for the online shopping site, Amazon.  They are incredible.  I ordered my new Sigma 10-20mm Super WideAngle lens on Sunday around 6 PM.  It arrived at my house sometime before 5 PM on Tuesday with no extra special shipping requests.  On top of that, they said it should arrive sometime on Wednesday (which I thought was pretty fast), so it came a day early.  Alright, let's go a step further and add that shipping was free.  That's right, F-R-E-E.  They are truly a great shopping experience
Anyway, I got home tonight and saw it had arrived.  I opened the box and yelled at the wife that I'd be back home in a little while.  Oh yeah, I'm sure I told her I love her, too.  I ran out the door with my son and headed over to the beach.  I didn't know what I was going to shoot, I just knew I had to check it out.  So, we got there and I fired off a ton of shots.  First thing I learned is I've got alot to learn about shooting with this lens.  It has such an extremely wide angle of view that you've really got to be careful of what you capture in the shot.  I normally pride myself on my composition and I really work on that.  Tonight, I had issues trying to compose like normal.  I'm sure it will come with alot of shooting and time, but, I had to post at least one shot of tonight's shoot.  Not one of my best, but........................
I can tell already I'm really going to like this new addition.  Now, what lens should be focused on next?  I'll come up with one.

3 comments:

  1. probaly my favorite...I know I say this all the time but I think this is #1!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the color and the composition are lovely. When is that online store coming??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great composition. I really like the branches at the top of the frame.

    The Sigma 10-20 is next on my list, but I probably won't be able to get it until my birthday in October. The AGONY!!!

    ReplyDelete