Friday, October 2, 2009

New Lens


I got a new toy this week.  One thing there is no shortage of in the photography world are things to spend your money on.  Lenses are the quickest and easiest ways to spend large amounts of $$$.  Right after I got my camera I, of course, had to compliment my short to medium range lens that came with it, with a long range telezoom, a 70-300 mm lens.  It was not a high end lens by any means.  But, it did give me one more tool to explore with.  That lens served me well, but I have always wanted the next step up from that lens, a 55-250 mm lens.  Without going into a lot of boring details, even though it doesn't have quite the same focal distance, it is a much better lens optically and will give much sharper photos.  It won't be noticed as much online, but I know the difference will be seen in my prints especially at longer focal ranges.  So, after several months of doing some online surveys that pay me a small amount each month, some contest winnings from work, and selling my 70-300 mm on Craigslist(for more than I paid), I ordered and received my new lens.  Didn't have a lot of time this week to really play with it, but this afternoon I got out a little. Not the most interesting picture and similar to others I have taken, but its the start of what I am sure will be a long love affair.  The best part is I am going on a trip next week to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for several days of shooting fall color.  That will be the true test.

1 comment:

  1. I like the color here and it is nicely set up...maybe a little less field in the foreground and a little more barn.

    ReplyDelete