Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blue Dawn

While up in Michigan, one of my goals was to do some night photography.  Unfortunately, just a little bit too chilly those nights to really do much. Night photography is wonderful since the cameras these days can be set to keep the shutter open long periods of time which in turn let you capture star trails and actually expose the picture to where it sometimes can look like the middle of the day.  Even though I didn't do the middle of the night thing, it didn't matter.  Sunday morning I was up around 5:30 thinking the sun would be coming up soon and I'd get a nice sunrise. Wrong!!  Sun didn't come up till around 7:30 and that was when you were just starting to see any light peek above the trees.  I decided to setup around 6:00 and brave the cold.  With alot of experimentation, I did get some neat exposure shots with it pitch black around me.  Its really amazing how much light is always around you even though your eyes don't see it.  The times of the morning for these three, in order:  6:22 a.m., 6:38 a.m., and 6:40 a.m.

1 comment: