Thursday, October 27, 2011

Unabridged

A lot of my photos are taken on the fly.  I try to be like the guys I read about i.e, they scout a location, check it out in morning light, check it out at sunset, get to know every nuance of the location, think about what settings to put my camera on, setup a tripod, hook up a remote so as to not have any vibration show up from pushing the shutter button, etc. And that's what I did with this shot for the most part.  I was there for about 20 minutes getting setup.  Not a single walker or bike rider came through at that time which I wanted to capture crossing the bridge.  I step away from my camera for 2 seconds, yes, 2 seconds to grab a sip of coffee, and, of course, that is when two power bike riders come shooting across the bridge. The remnants of their ride can be seen by the leaves falling off the bridge on the left hand side.  No time to properly frame and get my hands on my remote.  Didn't even catch the back wheel of the last bike.  I waited another 10 minutes thinking there would be more, but, of course not.  Back to shooting on the fly.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't commented in awhile, I LOVE your contrast! These are hauntingly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete