Sunday, October 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I just got back from my annual insanity trip that I do each fall.  For those who don't know, each fall I try to do a mini trip(3 nights/4 days) just to recharge the batteries, escape reality, and test my camera memory cards.  2 years ago I escaped to the eastern part of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, last year the Western portion of the U.P. and this year I traveled to Iowa and followed the Mississippi north on the Minnesota side until I figured I best start heading South towards home, and I followed the Mississipi River South on the Wisconsin side until Southern Wisconsin where I headed East to home.  I accomplished the above goals and managed to shoot 20 Gigabytes of pics while testing those memory cards.  Yikes!!!  That is alot of pics to sort through.  The scenery was beautiful, the weather was the best anyone could ask for during the month of October, and I visited a few places that I hadn't been to since my college days(dare I say almost 25 years ago).  I even got to meet and visit with a follower of my blog and if you want to know more about this person, I list his blog on this page to the right.  I always get a kick out of it.  Needless to say, I'm a little worn out so tonight will not be a picture posting night.  Those will come throughout the next week, or three, but tonight I decided to post the route I took on my trip.  No, I wasn't drunk when I made this.  The route that's created when exploring and with no particular place to go can be a little crooked.  Here's a look at the 1208 miles I put on.  The red is the trip North, and the blue is the trip South.

No comments:

Post a Comment