Friday, October 14, 2011

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The eagle has landed

Two eagles to be exact.  Of course, the title above is Neil Armstrong's famous quote when he landed on the moon.  These were the first words in my head after seeing an eagle land in a tree about 75 yards in front of me.  It's a feeling that can only be beat when a second eagle lands right next to him. (Sorry, I know of no quotes regarding two eagles). The first one landed on this tree off to the side of a boat landing. It was a nice sunny morning and the sun felt pretty hot on the skin/feathers so I think he was catching some rays.  I grabbed some shots of him and about 4 minutes later the second one showed up.  The first was none too happy about it at first and made his displeasure know by lunging at the second and opening his beak as wide as he could.  Eventually, he settled down and both just sat there for about 5 minutes of tanning before they decided to head on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment