Saturday, November 14, 2009

Major Props

Today, my daughter Ashley and I made our way to Madison Wisconsin for the State finals for Girls high school diving.  My neice and Ashley's cousin, Kelsey, was competing.  She did a terrific job, but unfortunately for her, she did not win the state title.  The title went to a girl that has now won it 4 years in a row.  That shows you the kind of competition that was there.  And Kelsey is only a sophomore. I think there will be more trips to the state finals in the future. Kelsey was quite disappointed and felt she let us down after driving up there, but, she did not. For us, it did not come down to seeing her win.  It came down to seeing her use her skills and appreciate all the hard work it took for her to get there.  We are all very, very proud of her.  I think there will be another trip or two to Madison in the future. 


2 comments:

  1. I wish Ash could be involved in something like that!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot, shooting sports is always difficult.

    ReplyDelete