Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Desolate plains of Southern Wisconsin

After a long hard day of cleaning carpets in my house,  I grabbed the camera and went driving toward the sunset.  Yes, when you have a 6 year old, a 10 year old, a dog, and a cat, and white carpet, cleaning carpets is a strenuous exercise.  My drive took me to Southern Wisconsin, a short 30 minute trip.  Lots of farm fields.  There was a blazing red/orange fireball of a sun in the West and my first inclination was to shoot the sun.  But, in the past, due to the brightness of the sun, my shots haven't turned out like I thought they would.  So I waited/drove a little more until the sun dropped below the horizon.  I ended up with this shot of lone tree with the sunset as a background.

2 comments:

  1. Sure! Come to Southern Wis and don't let me show you where the is always setting. But, you did well without me. Nice Shot!

    ReplyDelete