Monday, October 15, 2012

Better than a waterpark

I found this beautiful park along the lakeshore in Marquette, Michigan.  It offered spectacular views of the water crashing into the breakwall,especially on a day like the one I was there.  At this particular breakwall, the water was unbelievably violent.  In fact, there is a memorial at the site for a couple of college kids who 20 years ago were goofing around near or on the wall when a wave swept one of them into the lake.  His friend dove in to help his friend, but unfortunately neither one survived. I kept a healthy distance away from this one, but earlier while snapping pics I was a little too close and ended up having to swap out wet sweatshirt and jeans for dry ones. The pics below were selected pics from a set of shots where I took about 10 snapshots in the span of about 2 seconds.  When put in a slideshow and run fast like a movie, it is really impressive.  Unfortunately, my computer has trouble formulating such memory intensive tasks.  So, hopefully you'll get a sense of the power of these waves hitting the breakwall and moving in towards shore.






2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to show Chris! He'll want to head to the midwest to catch the gnarliest waves, dude!!! I love how you edited these pics. They have such a unique look!

    ReplyDelete