Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blackout

Been a long time in between posts.  I apologize, but it really wasn't my fault.  A storm whipped through here Monday morning and really did a number on the area.  Over 800,000 homes without power.  Nada. Zilch.  We lost power Monday morning about 8:00 a.m.  and it just returned around 9:00 tonight.  What was worse than not having power was the fact that I did an absolutely wonderful photo trip on Sunday with the local photography club I belong to into the city on Sunday for an all day photo shoot.  I came home Sunday with over 600 shots to go over but was too bushed to play with them.  I planned on doing it Monday.  Unfortunately, power went out before I had a chance and I'm seeing my pics tonight for the first time.  Anyway, tonight's post is from Millennium Park in Chicago.  Inside the park there is a feature called the Crown Fountain.  There are two 50 foot tall glass block towers that spew water out and the kids can stand under the water.  The day I went it was around 90 degrees so you know there were a lot of kids around.  It was a really neat place.  I'll be posting more pics from my trip over the coming days.

1 comment:

  1. You are getting good at your people shots!

    ReplyDelete