Monday, June 21, 2010

The best

Happy belated Father's Day to all who qualify.  This was meant to be posted Sunday night, but my brain, eyes, fingers, etc. let me down after a long, fun weekend.  Sleep won out over posting. 
One of the great things about Holidays with a 10 year old and a 6 year old is that they are at they age now where they get it.  They are special days that are meant to be fun.  They are days to let loose, be creative, be goofy, and so on.  My 10 year old especially gets it and is good at getting the 6 year old into it and teaching him, from her perspective, how to react and behave on these special days. So, after a wonderful dinner of Mushroom/Swiss Burgers cooked over coals, and receiving the homemade Father's Day cards, their present to me was a walk to the park.  Yeah, their present to ME.  It was exactly what I wanted.  No returns necessary. Of course, as we leave the house we hear the ice cream truck.  So before we head to the park we had to get the "Ice Cream Truck Slush Fund" and grab some ice cream for the walk.  Here are some shots of the best presents I could ever receive.

1 comment:

  1. You do have two amazing, beautiful, wonderful gifts! I can't wait to see them this summer! Of course, I want to see you & that great wife of yours as well :-)

    ReplyDelete