Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's the end of the world, as we know it


No no, that was last week.  But, in a few days its the end of the year, the year 2012, as we know it.  This is the time of year I try to make sure all my photos are in their proper place and backed up properly.  Should be done more often, but, this is when it happens.  At the same time, I go through and try to find the "best of" for the year.  I admit, I was driving around this week worrying if I was going to have much of a selection of "best of" pics.  Almost anyone attempting anything somewhat creative feels their own self doubt and can be their harshest critics. Add on top of it, the fact that I did not shoot quite as much this year(or at least it was more in spurts with dry spells in between). So, the other day, I sat down and started with January.  It is always fun to go through each and every month.  It reminds you that you really did more than watch every episode of Survivor and/or American Idol.  You really got out and did some stuff.  And it gives you a head start on what you want to plan for the new year. I continued on through each month, pulling copies out of the pictures I liked the most.  I then went through each of the ones I pulled and whittled that number down another 10-15%.  What I found is that I was quite pleased with number of photos I had left.  I'm not sure if it was the quality of the photos that made me keep them, or the times, places, and/or events I was shooting.  Either way, the photos I kept for the year end review had some meaning to "me", and therefore, are part of 2012's best.









1 comment:

  1. You have made so many lovely pictures this year...waiting for the next!

    ReplyDelete