Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Look of Trepidation

My wife, daughter, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and his fiance all did a good thing last weekend and volunteered to help at the Y-ME Breast Cancer Awareness run held last Sunday in Chicago.  My son and I went also...to cheer on the family members that volunteered.  I know, pretty nice of Derek and me. Anyway, it turned out to be a wonderfully beautiful day in Chicago.  Of course, while there, we had to take a stroll through Millennium Park (Chicago's version of Central Park).  In my opinion, the neatest thing there are the walls of water known as the Crown Fountain.  Two 50 foot glass block towers that project the images of Chicagoans while spouting water into a reflecting pool.  The kids love it and on a hot summer day there are hundreds of people there being refreshed by the water spouts.  This being mid May, the water spouts were turned on, but you could tell by walking through the reflecting pool to get to the towers that this wasn't "bathwater" temperature. It was pretty chilly agua.  I would have much preferred an expression of excitement and exhileration on my son's face, but after he walked through the water, it was more a sign of trepidation.

1 comment: