Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Middle East effects

They say that if you wipe out the home of a butterfly in the rain forest, it will have long ranging consequences on the weather here.  How all that works I'm not sure.  But I do know the effects of unrest in the Middle East and Northern Africa have serious consequences here......in the form of increasing gas prices. Sheesh, its been brutal on a guy who spends his days on the road seeing customers. So, tonight's post is an outcome of the unrest over there.  Many of my shots come out of me taking side roads and "detours" during my day and keeping my eyes open.  The last few weeks my driving has been limited to going directly to where I need to be, doing what needs to be done, and making my way home in the shortest line possible to  reduce the moneys I'm donating to that part of the world.  Therefore, it has given me some time to learn some new ways of presenting my "vault" of past shots and new techniques to create what I want to show.  One of the new things I've been playing with is creating Out of Bounds pictures.  It's a tricky thing to do and you need to start with a pic that lends itself to it, but I'm learning. I won't bore you with the details of what it is or how it is done, but here's some shots I played with over the last week or so that will give you an idea of what it is.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment