Thursday, May 20, 2010

Capture the moment

Often times when I've gotten a good shot, I, of course, am drawn back to the same place to see if there are any other shots to get that I might have missed the last time.  I've learned that quite often, the shot you got is the only shot there was and if you weren't there right at that moment, it maybe, and most likely, won't happen again.  Tonight is a pic I grabbed last year.  It's one of my favorites.  The location is part of the property of one of my customers (Retirement home).  I am there at least once a month and every month I make my way over to where I captured this shot.  Not once has it looked as nice as the day I shot it.  At least 5 or 6 times I've actually setup and tried to mimic how this picture turned out, and not once has it ever turned out nearly as nice as I feel this one did.  Anyway, the point is take the shot when its there and be happy.  It may never happen again.

2 comments:

  1. So true! Many a times I've been in too much of a hurry to stop and shoot "that" picture only to regret it - forever. Beautiful shot by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just SOOOO good!!! Please enter in that JPEG magazine contest!

    ReplyDelete