Saturday, August 18, 2012

Didn't see any otters

Tonight a shot of Otter Lake in Northern Wisconsin.  Of course, you couldn't see any otters due to the fog rising from the lake.   The nights on our trip were very cold for August. 39 degrees one night.  When it gets that cold at night during the summer when the water temperatures are higher, this is a common occurrence.  Its one of the things I look forward to when go up in the summer or up to Michigan in the fall.  One of the things I liked about this shot is the sun was starting to break through some of the fog cover creating an orangish glow.  I made sure I got a portion of land in the pic since without land, it would just be a shot of fog.  And that's not too exciting.  It also excited me that when opened the picture and start cleaning it up a bit I noticed the pier/dock extending into the lake that I hadn't even noticed when I shot it. I'll have more of my morning and evening lake pictures in the coming days.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a spectral island appearing in the midst...maybe one that only shows a few mornings a year...full of ghosts...

    ReplyDelete