Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blue Haze

Often times when talking with people about my hobby, they will say "Well, I just have a simple point and shoot."  As if to say "I could never take as good of pictures as you with your fancy, schmancy camera."  Several years ago I was driving home from work.  I had my camera with me.  Not my present one.  Just a basic point and shoot.  I was sitting for what seemed like forever waiting for a red light to turn green.  I noticed out my drivers side window this scene. I grabbed the camera and fired off a couple of shots.  This shot has become one of my favorites.  Yeah, an expensive decked out camera will allow you to do more, but, great shots are possible by anyone with any camera.

1 comment:

  1. How true. The eye creates the picture, the camera only records it. In the past great photos were taken by cameras that we would call primative by today's standards.

    ReplyDelete