Sunday, August 25, 2013

Here's to many sunshiny days ahead.....


My kids and I spent several days camping up in the Northwoods of Wisconsin last week and while there we attended the wedding of my cousin.  The event was wonderful as it was a very comfy, downhome type of outdoor wedding.  It was outdoors, as I mentioned, with gorgeous sunshine and low humidities and a slight breeze.  The setting was a small pond with all the plants and nature in full color.  After the ceremony, the guests all headed over to a building on the property for a spectacular pig roast and night of Americana/bluegrass music performed by The Evergreen Grass band out of Eau Claire, Wis.   
I've always said, "The last thing I would ever want to do is photograph a wedding."  Mainly because it's a really tough job.  And, you only get one chance to get it right.  I still believe that, but this was one that peaked my interest.  It was outdoors which is easier to get right than in a church or building.  The nature of the bride and groom made them easy to work with.  And, the local and scene of the event was different than many others I've attended.  That being said, I still will not be a photographer for hire for weddings any time soon. But, I had fun shooting at this one.





And here's a short video showing the bride's special talent.  I had seen her perform once before while not realizing it.  Several years ago I was at Summerfest with my daughter.  We, by chance, happened to see my cousin playing with his band there.  Cecelia was out in the audience performing while he was on stage. Her dancing added a special dynamic to the band's performance.  Now, my daughter informs me that I am a little slow to put 2 and 2 together, but it was only when I saw her doing her dance at the wedding that I realized she was the same girl at the concert we saw at Summerfest. The groom did some "hooping" earlier in the evening, but this, of course, was nicer.


No comments:

Post a Comment